|African Flower Hexagon Potholders|
It looks like I might be catching the crochet bug. I recently became entranced by all the groovy potholders on the Ravelry Potholder Swap group and decided I wanted to join in all the fun. Naturally I waited until late in the game to get started on mine so I’m not quite sure I’ll be done in time in which case people will either be getting potholder gifts in the near future or I’ll save them for next year’s swap.
I’m using my leftover Rowan cotton from the coasters I crocheted recently and using a free pattern I found on Ravelry that seems to be quite popular – the African Flower Hexagon. This seemed like a good second project – a bit more involved than the coasters but not so much so that I’d get overly frustrated. I did make several mistakes on my first potholder (the brown and purple one) so I’m calling that one my “first pancake” and will probably keep it for myself. I do love the color combo but I messed up the stitch count here and there. Nothing major but not quite swap-worthy.
My LYS is having a free crochet class this weekend so I think I’ll take advantage of that to refine my negligible skills. Oh, and maybe buy some more yarn…