It’s starting to look more and more like yarn! I’ve finally got to the point where I’ve got a decent rhythm going and am not stopping and starting. I figured out that a large part of my initial problems were due to not having my drive band and scotch tension set properly. I was having trouble treadling and the yarn was being pulled in much too quickly. Now I’ve got it working so that I can focus more on my drafting. It’s still uneven and I still need a lot of practice but I feel like I made a big leap now that the settings are better suited to my needs/skills.
Feeling a bit more confident, I moved onto another fiber – this is a merino/tussah blend from Chameleon Colorworks (of course! – it’s good to have a friend in the fiber biz!)